Eggplant Chips Make Everything Special

Eggplant chips are very easy to make and even easier to consume! They can be sprinkled on salad or pasta or frankly anything, chicken, meat, soup! I have to keep them hidden if they are part of a meal because they are addictive and everyone loves them.

I was deeply disappointed when I lived in Ghana for 4 years and couldn't make eggplant chips! We had plenty of eggplant, but we also had plenty of  humidity and the chips simply would not stay crispy. Back in Santa Fe now and so I can make them again.

I like to use the long Japanese eggplants. Slice them as thin as possible, I use a mandolin but I used to use a sharp knife and cut by hand.  Generously spread the baking sheet with olive oil and lay out the eggplant, then brush the top side of the eggplant with olive oil as well. Sprinkle with salt and a bit of chopped garlic (or infuse the oil with garlic).

Bake at 300 until brown. They need to be pretty brown for them to be really crisp. Be careful because once brown they will burn very quickly. YUMMMM!  Can't wait to make them again!


The photo is not great, and these chips made with the large eggplant, but they are good in any size.

Pin It

Comments

Popular Posts